Make the most of your session:
In order to use your time wisely in your counseling session,
here are some suggestions for you to consider:
- Write down the reasons that you have decided to seek counseling.
- Write down some goals for counseling. In other words, what
would you like to change?
- Make sure you bring with you information such as medications,
names and addresses of doctors, emergency contact information,
- Plan for a 45 – 50 minute session. Please make sure
you have childcare, as it is not in your best interest to bring
children to a session unless they are participants in the counseling.
- If you have questions about your counselor’s qualifications,
training, or philosophy, please jot them down and feel free
to ask them.
- Use your time between sessions to think about what was discussed
- It is okay to use your sessions to process difficult things
that happened during your week.